Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Finding a spark

J this one comes from you.

Currently I'm back in uni (though I SHOULD be at home enjoying holidays with my friends), for my sister's registration. Administration is a bloody awful thing. That's one of the reasons I never ever ever ever ever ever ever...EVER wanna work in a company. That, and one other small reason.

The desire to have an 'original idea' is one goddamn terrible one. I would recommend anyone out there to avoid getting it, and if they already have it, to get rid of it as soon as possible. It is one of the worst attacks of individualism you could possibly get, and the one that is likely to kill you while you're at it. Recently I've been been feeling this desire. It started out small enough. I was sitting next to the river that flows through the uni one evening, sipping a can of black roast coffee, feeling quite sorry for myself about life in general. I imagine that is a rather selfish thing to do and selfish people should suffer. This aeroplane suddenly decides to fly over head twinkling its bright strobe lights as it does so. And I suddenly feel the Wright brothers are mocking me. Well over 10 tonnes of metal carrying another 10 tonnes of passengers and cargo speeding off at 960kmph at 25000 feet. It was quite an elaborate mockery. If you consider the amount of engineering that went into making a Boeing 777 for example, its mind-boggling. Thats a big statement perfect for making you feel really tiny.

To think there are people out there who have ideas like that, and I'm sitting drinking coffee feeling sorry for myself.

If there's one damn thing I can do with my life, its got to be this. Get just one original idea.

Just one.

And I know it'll beat the hell out of me before it comes out itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home